- johanna.nellen at cs.rwth-aachen.de
- +49 241 80 21244
- Room 4227
I am a Postdoc at the research group Theory of Hybrid Systems headed by Prof. Dr. Erika Ábrahám. My research interests include the synthesis and verification of hybrid systems and their application in control engineering.
During my PhD I was granted a scholarship in the DFG research training group AlgoSyn. I worked on the analysis of hybrid systems in the application area of plant control and on the synthesis of control strategies for hybrid electric vehicles.
Since June 2016, I work for a Ford – RWTH Aachen Alliance project on the verification of automotive Simulink models.
- Ford – RWTH Aachen Alliance: Simulink Formal Verification, Ford Motor Company
Project partners: Ford Motor Company (Germany/USA)
- OASys (Online Algorithms for Optimal Control of Hybrid Propulsion Systems), DFG (German Research Foundation), Project-Id: AB 461/2-1
Project partners: Chair of Computer Science 1, RWTH Aachen University, Institute of Automated Control, RWTH Aachen University
I supervised students in seminars on “Satisfiability Checking”, “Hybrid Systems Verification”, “Algorithms and Tools for Verification” and “Real-Time Systems”.
Moreover, I organized practical labs on “Control Strategies for Hybrid Vehicles” and “Explorative Search with Lego Mindstorms Robots”.
The following students finished their Bachelor/Master theses under my supervision:
- Rebecca Haehn, “Learning control strategies for hybrid vehicles using neural networks”
- Patricia Wessel, “Grid-based control strategy for hybrid vehicles”
- Kai Driessen, “Modular verification for PLC controlled hybrid systems”
- Kim Maren Haps, “Datatypes and tools for the analysis of hybrid systems”
- Thomas Osterland, “Memory- and time-related action qualifiers in HSFCs”
- Alin Ionascu, “Modeling and controler synthesis of hybrid propulsion systems using artificial intelligence”
- Kai Driessen, “Counterexample-guided abstraction refinement for hybrid SFC verification”
- Member of the AlgoSyn Steering Committee October 2011 – September 2013
- Co-organization of Promotions-CAFÉ June 2012 – December 2016
- Mentee in the TANDEM Mentoring Program October 2011 – October 2012
- Co-organization of Aachener Informatiktage March 2011 – March 2015
- Co-organization of Schüleruniversität August 2011 – August 2013
|Johanna Nellen, Thomas Rambow, Md Tawhid Bin Waez, Erika Abraham, Joost-Pieter Katoen. Formal Verification of Automotive Simulink Controller Models: Empirical Technical Challenges, Evaluation and Recommendations. Proc. of Formal Methods Symposium (FM 2018), Volume of LNCS, Springer, 2018.|